Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado


Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado

Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado

Variety: Tempranillo

Region: Granada

Country: Spain

Year: Non-Vintage

Price: $3.95

Review: Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage” with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.

My Review: This wine did not impress me. I usually find that I enjoy Rosés however this was not one. The scent of herbs was apparent as the wine seemed to have more of an earthy smell. Overall I would not recommend this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment