Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tasting - Reserve Grand Veneur Côtes du Rhône


Tasting -  Reserve Grand Veneur Côtes du Rhône

Name: Reserve Grand Veneur Côtes du Rhône

Variety: 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault

Region: Rhone Valley

Country: France

Year: 2010

Price: $14.95

Review: Displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone, and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur, lavender, licorice and spice box are all present in this fullbodied, intense, and rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer.

My Review: Dang this wine looks expensive! That was my first though at least. In the overall scheme of things fifteen bucks really isnt that much to pay for a wine but for a college student I better know its something I want to drink before dropping the cash. There were a ton of flavors working in this wine. Cherry and spice were the major two I noticed. If I were to buy this wine I would decant it for some hours before drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment